“Rotaract” stands for “Rotary in Action”, although the name originally comes from a combination of “Rotary” and “Interact” (International + Action), the high school level program created by Rotary International in 1962.Rotaract originally began as a Rotary International youth program in 1968 at Charlotte in Charlotte, North Carolina, United States, and has grown into a major Rotary-sponsored organization of over 9,522 clubs spread around the world and 291,006 membersThe purpose of Rotaract is to provide an opportunity for young men and women to enhance the knowledge and skills that will assist them in personal development, to address the physical and social needs of their communities, and to promote better relations between all people worldwide through a framework of friendship and service. Rotaract is a service club for young men and women ages 18 to 30 who are dedicated to community and international service. Individual Rotary clubs sponsor Rotaract clubs and offer guidance and support, making the Rotaract clubs true “partners in service” and key members of the family of Rotary. The Rotaract Club of MEASI Institute of Management is an affiliated to Rotary Club of South Madras District 3232 which was established at the beginning of the academic year 2016 – 2017.
MOTTO: INSPIRE TO SERVE HUMANITY
Four Wings Of Rotaract Club
Deals with the Intra-Club bonding and plans activities for socializing. The committee also develops strategies for recruiting new members and publicizes the club’s activities to members and general public.
It’s the heart of the club. It helps the society in every aspect possible, be it a drawing competition for the underprivileged, blood donation camp, Fitness for All Drive, or fun trips to old age homes.
Develops plan for the club’s annual international service project. The committee reviews members’ suggestion for international service projects to ensure they address real needs and can be successfully carried out by the club.
This Avenue aims to get the members to think differently, and sharpen their brains to the fullest. Some events organized by the committee are Guest Lectures, Group Discussion, and Debates etc.
Reasons To Join Rotaract Club
- Professional Networking
- Cultural Exchange
- Personal Growth and Development
- Quality Friendships
- Ethical Environment
- World Understanding
Objectives Of Rotaract Club
- To develop professional and leadership skills.
- To emphasize report for the rights of others based on recognition of the worth of each individual.
- To recognize the dignity and value of all useful occupations as opportunities to serve.
- To recognize, practice and promote standards as leadership qualities and vocational responsibilities.
- To develop knowledge and understanding of the needs, problems and opportunities in the community and worldwide.
- To provide opportunities for personal and group activities to serve the club members and community.
- To increase the number of trees for the benefit of society and institutions concerned for every semester.
- To motivate the students to undertake cleaning work in and out of the college.
- To awareness programs related to protection of the plants and environment.
- To arrange the students for field visits to various nursery to get practical exposure of maintaining the gardens.
- To motivate the student in a variety of activities aimed at building up the confidence and grooming the talents of students in facing various interpersonal activities and competitions every year.
- To conduct literacy activities in the schools, villages, Orphanages every year.
- To arrange field visits for the students regarding literacy club every year.
- To help students in personality development and guide them for a better career every year.