Red Ribbon Club
Red Ribbon Club
Red Ribbon Club is a movement started by the Government of India in schools and colleges through which, students will spread awareness over HIV / AIDS. It envisages to instil charity mind among all the students to extend their able help towards developing healthy life styles, donating blood to all the needy by promotion of Regular voluntary blood donation. Red Ribbon Club (RRC) is a comprehensive promotional and preventive intervention to enhance voluntary blood donation as well as mainstream HIV & AIDS prevention, care & support and treatment impact, mitigation, stigma reduction, among the youth in educational institutions. It will also prepare and promote youth peer educators within and outside the campuses. Reaching youngsters at an impressionable age before they become sexually active can lay the foundation for a responsible lifestyle, including healthy relationships and safe sex habits. NACP reaches out to youth through specially developed Youth Education Programme focused primarily on prevention through awareness building. Red Ribbon Club (RRC) is a voluntary on campus intervention is being implemented in the higher Educational institutions, aiming at heightening their risk perception and preventing HIV as well as promoting voluntary blood donation among youth between the age of 17-25 yrs. with Department of Higher Education, technical support from TANSACS.The Red Ribbon Club of MEASI Institute of Management is an affiliated club to Tamil Nadu State AIDS Control Society which was started on 23rd October 2018.
Basic Concepts of Red Ribbon Club
- Red Ribbon was created in 1991 by the Visual AIDS Artists Caucus, New York City, America.
- The color of red was then chosen as it symbolizes the color of BLOOD, the idea of PASSION – not only ANGER by LOVE.
- The Red Ribbon is the international symbol of HIV/AIDS awareness.
- By wearing a Red Ribbon – Care & Concern for those living with HIV/AIDS.
- Support to the organizations that care for the HIV/AIDS.
MOTTO: LETS UNIT FOR A BETTER TOMORROW
Objectives Of Red Ribbon Club
- To reduce new HIV infection among youth by raising their risk perception through awareness on Sex, Sexuality and HIV & AIDS.
- To induce among youth the spirit to help and support People Living with HIV/AIDS (PLHIV) there by reducing stigma and discrimination against PLHIVs.
- To motivate youth and build their capacity as peer educators and change agents by developing their skills on leadership, negotiation, and team building.
- To promote Voluntary non-remunerated Blood Donation among youth.